Costume Parade and Chi-Weiner Races
Part of the Halloween on Central City wide event.
Sunday, October 31st 12-5pm
A party so big we are shutting down the streets! Join Dog Bar on Halloween Day with your fur-kids to celebrate this spooktacular holiday! Let your pup visit our trick or treat stand and get their own bag of treats, we’ll have a doggie costume parade at 4pm hosted by DJ Shannon C, Face painting available by Nicole Desiree Hays from Body Wars, tons of doggie vendors and of course our annual Day of the Dead Doggie Races held right in the street!
And if you haven’t already signed up for our Doggie Races – we have four categories: Chihuahuas, Dachshunds, Open Breed under 25lbs and Wheelie race for differently abled dogs! You can sign up on our website: dogbarstpete.com. It’s just $5 to have your dog enter the race and 100% of proceeds raised go to our rescues, Limbo Chihuahua & Skyway Dachshund Rescue to help further their cause of finding homes for stray and abandoned pups.
*Dog Bar is 21 & up only on premises. Our races and costume parade will be held in the street and are open to all ages!
Rules for the Races
- Dogs will be run in rounds of 4 and paired with their closest age, weight and breed groups.
- We will have breed rounds for both Dachshunds & Chihuahuas separately, as well as an open breed round. Pups who place in their breed round will go on to the mixed breed Championship round to finish off the day.
- Your dog must have proof of updated shots. If this is your first visit, please also register in our membership database. You can find the registration form by clicking on the membership button on the menu above.
- Participating dogs will not be required to pay the $5 day pass entrance to enter Dog Bar with your dog. So please make sure to sign up and pay before race day.
- All Dog Bar rules and requirements still apply to this event. Patrons must be 21 & older, dogs must be fixed and up to date on shots.
Chihuahua race will be held a separate fenced area and the first round will begin at 1pm. Rounds run 20-30 mins with short breaks between each round. The winner of each race and runner up will move on to the semi-final race. And then the semi-final winners and runner up will race in the last race of the day around 3pm. Prizes and medals will be given out to the winners! And 100% of proceeds raised from raffles, race entries and Jell-O shots will go to the rescues, Limbo Chihuahua & Skyway Dachshund Rescu